<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 09, 2007

When I started working on my blog my goal was to create an environment that would encourage me to write weekly. Not just cryptic emails sentences but paragraphs, something other than work babble. My 9 to 5 is computer support which usually doesn’t require much writing a day-to-day. But my blog entries stopped in September 2006 and I haven’t written since. Why? Well, part of the problem is related to my job’s 1 ½ hour commute each way. When I get home my time is limited plus I’m tired; at work I’m much too busy to write. I’m lucky if I have time to review my emails. Well it’s 2007 and now I have a new approach. Why not use my commute time to work on my posts. At least the draft could be completed by the time I get home. I don’t drive, using public transit BART provides me with free finger time and a laptop gives me the medium. Let’s see how this new approach goes.

Now if I can make the time to redesign my blog site --- oh well one goal at a time. There’s a lot to write about but I’m not going to attempt a recap all the events I’ve checked out in the last 5 months. However, I would like to mention 365 Day Project which is happening throughout the United States including the Bay Area.


The 365 Days/ 365 Play Project was developed by Pulitzer winning playwright Suzan-Lori Parks. In 2002 she decided to write one play a day. The series of plays are now being performed in the Bay Area different venues weekly. The programs present one week of plays per event, the plays are free, some theatre groups ask for donations but most don’t. Also, the plays are being presented in different methods. One group presented its’ week of plays as radio works another as short films. Beyond seeing Parks’ work going to the programs provides an avenue for introduction to different artist groups.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com