<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 31, 2006

I went to the matinee and saw A Scanner Darkly - the new film based on the Phillip K Dick novel. I thought the film's concepts were interesting and the rotoscope animation something old returned to a new audience as something new was effective within the film. I saw the movie at the Landmark Theatre at the Embarcedero which is not the bargain movie chain of my choice. I appreciate the selection of films they present but I'll take one of the smaller local theaters any day.

Afterward I strolled from downtown through the Stockton tunnel to Chinatown packed with shoppers. My goal was the North Beach Jazz festival Washington Square (Saturday and Sunday) in the park and free.
I went to the matinee and saw A Scanner Darkly - the new film based on the Phillip K Dick novel. I thought the film's concepts were interesting and the rotoscope animation something old seen by a new audience, as something new was effective within the film. I saw the movie at the Landmark Theatre at the Embarcedero, which is not the bargain movie chain of my choice. I appreciate the selection of films they present but I'll take one of the smaller local theaters any day. Afterward I strolled from downtown through the Stockton tunnel to Chinatown packed with shoppers. My goal was the North Beach Jazz Festival at Washington Square (Saturday and Sunday) in the park and free. The festival is a multi day and venue event in North Beach, because of politics in the city there was a possibility the festival was not going to occur in the city this year. Fortunately the fighting subsided and the festival was able to occur.

The music selection was eclectic, not a day of pure jazz. My favorite was the Stooges Brass Band – they are a fusion of Brass Band, Hip Hop and Soul. Their set was a lot of fun hopefully they will tour San Francisco again soon.Afterward I walked from Pier 39 to Fort Mason. It's a great walk plenty of people watching and nice views. I'm always amazed how tourist seem flock to the wharf. But with the great views, cable cars, shops and restaurants it easy to understand.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com