<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Saturday morning I was lagging after the Giants game I didn't wakeup early and my phone was ringing off the hook. I was planning to do some OT for work and I really needed to get there early but I didn't. When the weather is beautiful who wants to be stuck in a windowless room?

Fortunately, one of my tasks of the day was starting a 7 hour backup which can execute without human intervention. During the backup I took a break and headed over to the Eastside Alliance Malcolm X Jazz Festival, my favorite Oakland festival, great music and poetry plus a mellow crowd with familiar faces. I ran into an acquaintance from elementary school, that doesn't happened everyday!

I missed Amiri Baraka, but was able to see Black Dot Collective and the Brown Fellinis. Friends, conversation, entertainment and warm weather......that's how to spend a Saturday.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com