<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Back from Yosemite, I am having the ski I wanna be outdoor blues. Dragged myself to work, which was pretty uneventful today but this evening, off the clock was fun. I'm usually a snob when it comes to Pier 39 in San Francisco. It's pretty high on my tourist-only list but this Monday evening I was at Pier 39 arcade playing an old school favorite Air Hockey BABE!

Today, was a good friend's birthday and I'm a total believer in the birthday brat phenomena, everyone should have fun and be spoiled on their birthday. We met at Fisherman's Wharf near Hooters and In and Out Burgers (why anyone would travel to San Francisco for these places I don't get, anyway. We made our way through the shops at Pier 39 to the back where the arcade is located.

The bet was whoever lost at Air Hockey would have to play Dance Revolution and dance their little heart out in the arcade. I played air hockey valiantly but I lost to make my friend feel good on his birthday a course. Fortunately, the arcade was pretty empty so my dancing went pretty much un-noticed. I was so tired after playing air hockey that I was first off beat. I started doing ok until I decided to try a Clash song and Punk took me down. Its' so fast I don't know what I was thinking, probably my arcade-ego got the best of me.

Afterward, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe, this is another place I would normally snob. But the service was friendly and the walls are filled with guitars and rock and blues memorabilia which is cool. The food was ok, I would visit again I'm not going to hate on Hard Rock. Good service and a friendly atmosphere has value.

Since work beckons again we hopped on the F Line the which runs the Historic Muni Rail Buses from Fisherman's Wharf to the Castro District, cleanest buses in the City. Transferred downtown to my favorite 38 Geary for a pleasant ride home. Hope my bud enjoyed the evening, I'm going to practice my air hockey skills.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com