<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

This weekend was really wet, but it didn't completely stop me from getting outside. Saturday went to a Capricorn party - it was fun danced, chatted and slipped a little wine. Ok maybe I slipped more than just a little, Sunday I was lagging.

Went to see House of the Flying Daggers, at the Galaxy in San Francisco, matinee with Entertainment discounts coupons. I still can't get over the price for movies, our tickets were $6.00 that's reasonable. Zhang Yimou is one of my favorites directors, Raise the Red Lantern is one of my favorite films, it's visually beautiful and the film has a layered plot. Yimou films are known for the challenging themes and imagery.

Flying Daggers felt like Hidden Tiger with a dash of Matrix. The film was gorgeous but the execution of the story didn't emotionally capture me. I felt distant watching the film and my empathy for the characters was mild I didn't feel their pain. Except imagining one of those flying daggers also the film a tribute to martial arts films wasn't that fun. They should have named the film Flying Daggers, Groping Men.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com