<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 12, 2004

This was one trip which wasn't enjoyable, yeah I went by my friend's home today, everyone is ok but it was pretty bad - they're homeless. My homeboy was really lucky his father saw the fire and woke him up, if not I doubt he would be alive. His burns appeared first/second degree. His stuff, bike, art, music & books are gone!

Their home is insured but I saw several months of majors repairs. I thought about it all day....it was an accident but to damage your parents home and endanger their safety is really distressing.

I finish reading Harriet Tubman a Road to Freedom, it's a great book, well written and informative. Catherine Clinton enlightened me more on the road trip this summer than any tour guide. What a nice buffer to Confederate Sympathizers.

After reading about such a thoughtful, brave, intelligent, an altruist person I decided to make 90 degree turn and start reading the extremely lengthy and controversial Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Her philosophy of Objectivism is based on the virtue of self-interest, and laissez-faire capitalism. Why read Atlas Shrugged? It's always good to get perspective on how others see the world.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com