<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Tuesday night, just struggled through French again. When phonetics isn't your strength and memory is short - studying a foreign language is tough. I didn't have lunch today and my brain was drained for class. I survived............

Ah! the 4th of July weekend seems so far away, Saturday I went to the Fillmore Jazz Festival (Street Faire) There was a good assembly of local artists. I heard - with difficulty Paula West, Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers and The Marcus Shelby Jazz Orchestra. Fillmore street was packed with noisy drinkers and socializers. A lot of folks were more interested in drinking beers than listening to jazz, it was a pleasant hangout but not the best outdoor venue for music. But we know the old saying nothing for free.

That evening I checked out a Tennessee Wiliiams play, Orpheus Descending at the Actors Theatre First a note about the Theatre, its' comfortable seating left my knees happy. The Actors Theatre also has a lobby/waiting area which has seating, before the show, we brought in coffee and chatted with no problems before ascending upstairs to our stage.

Orpheus Descending, well I have to admit, I have a soft spot for Southern Gothic melodrama. Some of the writing I loved, some made me chuckle by accident. I'll be back to see Cat on A Hot Tin Roof.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com